[Mageia-marketing] [Mageia-artwork] Getting the Donations requests out there

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:43:56 CEST 2011

2011/6/6 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:

>>> We can add a permanent footer to blog posts; see bottom of this post
>>> http://37signals.com/svn/posts/2940-svn-flashback-product-roadmaps-are-dangerous
>>> for instance. These are good reminders.
>>
>> Yes - that's a great idea.
>
> Ok. So apart from integrating it (and translating it), we need a set
> of items to put there:
>  - call to contribute
>  - call to donate
>  - call to download/use
>
> That's a job for you! ;-p

Good idea - if you can do it in 2 lines (3 at most). More would be too pushing.

>> If we're asked (as for the Inquirer article) to put some words into
>> someone else's article, do we want to add Donations as a way people
>> can contribute?
>
> Ah yes. Sorry. Sure, of course. That's part of the game.

No, at least from all the articles I read over the last 10 years this
would be very extraordinary. If the author asks for some words from us
he wants a quote with an opinion, statement, information, whatever,
but definitely not a donation rally. The only case I ever read such a
quote was when Mandrakesoft went into chapter #11 and asked for help.

But of course we can always ask the author to mention the fact that
Mageia is running on donations and add the link to the donation page,
he will surely include this in his article. I will :)

--
wobo