[Mageia-marketing] Back to work - meeting proposal

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Tue Mar 1 19:29:24 CET 2011

Hi Marcello,

Good luck and strength with the thesis! and thanks for getting the
ball rolling.

> this is the first draft i wrote for the meeting, but due to time
> lack it's quite blank:
>
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=marketing-plan

Okay, now that you've put the framework together and linked the Core
Values (lots of marketing contrib in there!), we just need to plug in
some more content. The current Vision page on the old marketing wiki:

http://ooogear.co.nz/mageiawiki/index.php?title=VisionDraft

has several suggestions, all really re-works of the sense of Mageia
we all got at the beginning.

I like this one:

Our vision is...

    * To nurture a vibrant, collaborative Community of innovation...
    * To create powerful, reliable technology by and for our greatest asset, people...
    * To deliver a usable, Open Source software platform for novice
      and power users alike.

But they can *all* use work. Could we maybe go over to the marketing
wiki and have a really good stab at getting a final draft Vision
Statement done before the meeting? There's loads of discussion there
to help us work out what we should be achieving - and there's the
Core Values to check to see if they agree (they must).

It would be good if the meeting could decide on a Vision statement,
so we could pass it up to the board for consideration - then next
week, maybe the Mission Statement... we'll get there yet!

After the Mission statement, we should have enough in from Artwork to
be able to put together Branding Elements (Target Market can maybe
wait until we get up to Release Candidates - we don't really need it
until we're going out to woo new users.)

> i hope to contribute more in the next future to this team, the
> marketing work is precious for the success of the distro (and we
> can't miss it!)

Good luck with everything Marcello - see you back here soon!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E