[Mageia-marketing] Back to work - meeting proposal

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:14:19 CET 2011

Hi Patricia, Marcello, all,

thanks a lot for keeping on all this!

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 19:29, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
> Our vision is...
>
>    * To nurture a vibrant, collaborative Community of innovation...
>    * To create powerful, reliable technology by and for our greatest asset, people...
>    * To deliver a usable, Open Source software platform for novice
>      and power users alike.
>
> But they can *all* use work. Could we maybe go over to the marketing
> wiki and have a really good stab at getting a final draft Vision
> Statement done before the meeting? There's loads of discussion there
> to help us work out what we should be achieving - and there's the
> Core Values to check to see if they agree (they must).

Yep. And really, each point shows a different, yet crucial bit of the project.

On a side note, about the coming alpha2: we are going to release it on
next Tuesday and all that will go into it must be freezed by this
coming Friday evening.

What relies on some marcom work is, among other things, the main
message under which this alpha2 will be released: it's still an alpha,
unstable, still for contributors/testers but it has fixes from the
previous one, more packages included, better artwork. This message is
crucial as it will be used for the website, on the blogs, and so on.
It's not only about announcing the alpha2 release in itself than about
announcing the alpha2 milestone in Mageia 1 build process (that is,
there are other releases coming and there is room for contributors).

In this short timeframe, if we are quick enough, we can still insert a
few screens during the installing process, to promote the project, the
product and the contribution process (Alexn83 will produce the screen,
but what goes into it exactly and how we welcome users/contributors on
the start page is still to be done).

So what needs to be done?
 - try to attend this evening Council meeting for those who can (19:30
UTC on #mageia-meeting)
 - please push your ideas and whether you want to take on some
coordination work with the artwork team
 - try to attend marcom meeting this Thursday to square the message
for the release

Cheers!

Romain