[Mageia-marketing] The Planets

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Apr 4 19:53:49 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Patricia Fraser wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apparently, Marcom is supposed to look after the official planet (and
> receive all the requests and arrange for people to get hooked up). So,
> adding users to the official planet is our task anyway, and that means
> we can decide how the planet is going - and we have to moderate it so
> that we watch out for feeds with offensive or illegal content, and be
> prepared to move... so we need to make sure that people wanting to
> add their feeds are very aware of the Code of Conduct, among other
> things.

For the planet, I think a few things needs to be done :

 - define clear rules about what kind of blogs are allowed on planet.

 - define a list of people with admin access on planet, whose role is to
   add the feeds when people request it, or remove feeds which are not
   following the rules

 - define how to request a new blog to be added: I think bugzilla could
   be used for this. We can add a component in bugzilla for this kind of
   request if needed.

 - Write a wiki page to be linked from planet, with : the rules about
   allowed blogs on planet, how to request a new blog to be added, and
   the list of people with admin access