[Mageia-marketing] Installer images

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:17:08 CEST 2012

Alright people, it's time to start the discussion on the new installer
images (or more accurately, continue from last week's meeting).
A good jumping off point would be the texts.
We have 5 texts, but some people mostly me) are unhappy with them. I think
that there should be more of an emphasis on the unique qualities of Mageia
rather than pointing out all of the things that we do just like any other
Linux distro.
The current texts are:

1. Mageia isn't just a Linux distribution: we're a community of
  users, developers and advocates from around the world.

2. Free software means choice: KDE,  GNOME, LXDE or other desktops;
  Firefox, Chromium and other browsers;  Thunderbird, KMail, Evolution
  for mail...

3. Mageia covers your graphics, your video creation and editing needs
  with tools like GIMP, Inkscape,  Blender...

4. Mageia's Control Center gives you easy-access tools to set up
  your hardware, software and more, all in one place.

5. For your everyday and office needs, LibreOffice, GnuCash,
  KMyMoney and others cover word processing, spreadsheets,
  presentations and finance.

So that means that I'm happy with 1 and 4, but less happy with the other
three.
Maybe if it was the other way around: 3 texts describing the uniqueness of
Mageia and 2 describing other things. Or better yet, 4 or 5 texts
describing the uniqueness of Mageia, but I know that that is less likely
and less easy.

Once we have settled on the texts (or even as we thrash them out) we should
discuss ideas of what the images should be.
Some rules:

   - There should be a common theme/look to all images.
   - We need to make sure that we don't change or distort any group/compan
   logos, including our own.
   - The texts need to be clear and visible.