[Mageia-marketing] Installer images

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Mar 27 03:12:02 CEST 2012

Loqo typed:

> "Mageia is free in spirit - free to download, free to use, free of limits"
I don't like the free of limits in that.

> (try to cover libre and cost aspects of "free" without confusion)
>

> "Mageia is made with passion by a global team"
>
> (speaks for itself)
I think that sounds really good.

>> - Mageia Community : explain that Mageia is built by a community, and
>>    that people can join and help in different teams. List of teams and
>>    short description of what they do, etc ...
>
> "By installing Mageia ('using Mageia' on the live CD), you are ALREADY
> a valuable part of the community!"
>
> (Give users a feeling of importance)
Hmm something like that could work quite well.

> "Here's how you can join in"
>
> (Call to action)
>

> Mention forums, teams, IRC, planets, Twitter, etc. here. Get traffic
> coming to the community.
Identica :), and that kind of message  could be good to have.

>> - Main Mageia features : control center, number of packages, main
>>    desktop environments available, etc ...
>

> Start with a high-level view of major qualities first:
>

> "Mageia is fast, stable, flexible, built on x years of Mandriva
> expertise*, etc."
Certain people won't want Mandriva mentioned in Mageia, that's the only
problem with that one really I guess.

> Then move onto the individual features as you've mentioned.
>

> *Mention Mandriva sparingly. It's important to understand Mageia's
> heritage but we need to build an identity beyond Mandrake/Mandriva.
Well some Mandriva history can be useful in promoting Mageia yes,
however in the installer slide show, I am not so sure about that.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb