[Mageia-marketing] Other ideas

Josh King (dotmil) josh at linuxpunks.com
Fri Mar 30 04:51:50 CEST 2012

I know everyone is busy with the installer texts and images.
Unfortunately that's not my strong suit so I haven't had much to add.

What I do have is some ideas I would like feedback and comments on
before we have another mageiapeople.org fiasco. The 2 main ideas I have are

1) a newsletter - biweekly or whatever frequency fits to update
subscribers on whats new in Magia. It would also be a good place for
developer/team member interviews, and maybe a "howto" section. I don't
claim to be a writer by any means so this would need to be a
collaborative effort

2) A Mageia news site. A very close friend of mine started this with
Debian news years ago and it has grown into one of the more respected
tech sites, I could see this could duplicate content from the mailing
letter, but also maybe include weekly updates on the discussions on
-discuss,  -dev, etc. for those who may be interested.

I'm just spit balling here but I really think we need to put forth the
effort to market Mageia around the 2 release and after, Hopefully these
ideas get the ball rolling. I'd be thrilled to hear they're great, but
am prepared to be shot down again if so be it. I'd LOVE to hear from
others on how to market mageia beyond the occasional announcement on the
news sites around the web. Mageia is amazing and people need to know that!

So what do you think of 1 or 2, and what are your suggestions for more
ideas?

Thanks!
Josh