[Mageia-marketing] Web site, a few updates pending, open for comments

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Tue May 15 19:29:16 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
> If we could have alt texts to the navbar buttons, it would reduce the
> need for an extra news or blog button - maybe take the list of links
> from the sitemap, so for Community, you'd have an alt text saying Blog,
> Planet, Calendar, Mail lists... and so on. WDYT?

Not sure, will try this tomorrow.

> There are 2 Mailing List items in the Community section of the sitemap.
> Is there a way (maybe not just now, but at some stage) to integrate the
> mailing list info into a single page so there's a single link?

I believe so, but that's more in sysadmin basket.

> About You needs some more explanation; the Mageia Identity Management
> page doesn't explain what it's about, so that needs a front page with
> explanations,

This can be on the very landing page of identity.m.o actually; it
needs some work (contributions/ideas welcome).

> Maybe it all belongs under Contribute?

What belongs there? The whole "You" section is of interest when we
build on the identity.m.o or a directory of contributors (who does
what, what teams/groups are there, doing what, etc.).

>> http://www.mageia.org/en/community/. I'm dry here for now.
>
> So, this is the place where Oliver's brain-child will be accessible,
> yes? Link to the wiki page for communities, info about who to contact,
> any applicable forums...?

Yes.