[Mageia-sysadm] presentations

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Oct 6 18:16:58 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 06 octobre 2010 à 16:02 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> This is the current list of people in the sysadmin team :
> - boklm
> - damsweb
> - rapsys
> - misc
> - sevalienor
> - coling
> - neoclust
> - TMB
>
> As misc suggested, we can present ourself on this mailing list. So you
> can answer to this thread to present you.

Ok, so for those that do not know me ( ie, nobody, since I have met in
person every one on the list ), my name is Michael Scherer, I am living
most of the time in Paris suburb with Olivier Thauvin ( nanar ).

I have been involved in Mandriva since a long time, first as a packager,
then as a trainee, then again as a packager and a sysadmin of the
cluster. I am also a admin of zarb.org servers, and involved in various
free software activity. I have no job at the moment, but this may change
in the end of the week.

I have been working as sysadmin for Council of Europe for 3 months, and
as a python coder for 1 year and half for INL and the CNRS ( french
research institute ).

Regarding my technical skills, I can code in perl, ruby, little bit of
C, ruby, and php among others.

As a sysadmin and like colin, I also know the usual stuff : apache,
postfix, nagios, munin, openldap, netfilter, etc. I have been quite
interested in puppet recently, having converted my own servers to it,
and I try also to expand my knowledge by using uncommon software for fun
( like powerdns, nginx, quagga ( yeah, there is a ospf router in the
home network )).

And I have the super power of firewall piercing :)

I am often available by night and in the afternoon ( Paris time ), but I
am also often out of the town.