[Mageia-sysadm] [1495] set timezone it php.ini

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:20:23 CEST 2011

2011/4/8 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2011, Michael scherer wrote:
>

>> But I think we should :
>> 1) try to see why it no longer worked
>
> So I found why it was not working :
>
> php date.timezone was set in apache config to $timezone (variable from
> facter) which is CEST on friteuse, and an incorrect value for date.timezone.
>
> So I set it to UTC (without using $timezone) and now the error
> disappeared.
>
> I think we didn't see the error before because puppet was frozen,
> so the change not applied (I don't know what was the config before).
>
> I don't know if it's related, but I also noticed a few times while
> running puppet manually on friteuse that it became frozen when or after
> trying to stop/start xymon-client.

Ah, that's why I kept getting warnings from phpbb debug whenever I
open a thread (viewtopic.php) in the forum:
-------------------------------------
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date():
It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
*required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for
'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988:
getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.
You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for
'CEST/2.0/DST' instead

I thought it was a forum setup problem and posted it there:
https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66

Now the debug messages are gone.

--
wobo