[Mageia-sysadm] Cleaning iurt timeout

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Apr 15 00:35:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

while discussing with a friend about our BS, he noticed that LO take 5h
to build. So far, so good. But we still have the same old timeout set to
96h in iurt.conf :

 build_timeout => {
   'default' => 18000,
   'gcc' => 57600,
   'paraview' => 115200,
   'salome' => 57600,
   'itk' => 115200,
   'wrapitk' => 115200,
   'kernel-rt' => 57600,
   'kernel-xen' => 57600,
   'kernel-tmb' => 57600,
   'openoffice.org' => 345600,
   'openoffice.org64' => 345600,
   'openoffice.org-go-ooo' => 345600,
   'openoffice.org64-go-ooo' => 345600,
   'libreoffice' => 345600
 },

So maybe it would be worth to reduce the various limits, to acknowledge
that we have powerful servers. As for example, python is still running
since hours, I wouldn't mind to have it killed sooner as it is holding
one builder at the moment ( one more reason to have 2 of them per
server ).

Also, removing packages that we no longer have would be nice ( like
openoffice*  ) or those that we currently do not ship ( itk, salome,
etc ). This would avoid to keep cruft for years without reasons.

I would not do such change now and would defer this after the stable
release, so that let plenty of time to discuss about it :)