[Mageia-sysadm] [LONG] new server to name and password handling

Raphaël Gertz rapsys at rapsys.eu
Thu Jan 6 13:46:58 CET 2011

Le mercredi 05 janvier 2011 18:04:21, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le mardi 04 janvier 2011 à 17:31 +0100, Raphaël Gertz a écrit :
> >
> > Server will be upgraded tonight (powered off few minutes) with 16GB ram +
> > idrac entreprise card. (it was planed to be done around 22-23h pm today)
>
> Thanks.
>
> So the idrac card also requires a password :)

For the online one there is no need to change the password, the access is
granted through the online web panel with a php proxy :)

> It is configured ad RAID1 by default, you see only one big hard disk.
For

> How would that solve the issue of keeping the password ?
> ( I see this could save us 12 euros per year, but that's enough to pay
> us 1/3 beer per sysadm in Paris, that's not much )
Well, it would require only one access to the online console for server,
domain, etc...

In the futur their will be admin, tech, bill contact feature, so tech
capability (dns change/server reboot/install/etc) can be delegated to a admin
only account.

Best regards