[Mageia-sysadm] Submit log to clean

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Jul 5 01:39:02 CEST 2011

While trying to investigate why rpmlint is not run (or didn't prevent
the problem of this afternoon ), I tumbled
on /var/lib/schedbot/submit-logs. There is a per user error log.

First problem :
- nothing is rotated. For now, there is 245 m, which not much, but I
suspect this has potential to grow further and to be forgot

- it doesn't seems very useful. The file just contain the log of youri,
and there is lots of deprecation warning ( in the error file ), but no
date, no mention of the uploaded rpm.

While this can be used from time to time, I am not sure it would help
much, in the current form.

What about :
- 1 pair file per user and per submit ( something like
$login.$time.{out,err} ).
- rotation, like the others, using puppet

( and of course, cleaning the deprecating warning )