[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-webteam] Help with redirectin mageia.ro to mageia.org/ro/

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jun 10 21:23:17 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 10 juin 2011 à 18:05 +0200, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 23:57, Catalin Florin RUSSEN
> <cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've just bought the name "mageia.ro" and I would like to redirect it to
> > "mageia.org/ro/".
>
> Cool! Thanks!
>
> > I spoke with the registar and they advised me the following steps:
> > 1. get Mageia's DNS servers URI to set it in the registar configuration
> > (they do not provide DNS service for .ro domains)
> > 2. set the redirection from "mageia.ro" to "mageia.org/ro/" directly on
> > Mageia's DNS servers
> > Is here any charitable soul to help me with this?
>
> Cc:ing sysadmin team for that.

We can do it, but before devising a complex automation scheme, can we
agree that all mageia.$tld stuff will be in the form of a redirection
mageia.org/$langcode

Unfortunately, the lack of unification of tld -> language will prevent
us from having a elegant solution :/

Also, what would happen for mageia.ch ?

Also, we only redirect for the main website, nothing planned for others
services ?