[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-webteam] Help with redirectin mageia.ro to mageia.org/ro/

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 22:54:55 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 21:23, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> We can do it, but before devising a complex automation scheme, can we
> agree that all mageia.$tld stuff will be in the form of a redirection
> mageia.org/$langcode
>
> Unfortunately, the lack of unification of tld -> language will prevent
> us from having a elegant solution :/

Yep. We need a map $tld => $lang

> Also, what would happen for mageia.ch ?

Redirect to http://mageia.org/ where the server will decide based on
the browser preferences. Alternatively, we could display a page
providing the country existing locales we support already. But then,
to have a consistent scheme, I would suggest that:
 * mageia.$tld redirects to mageia.org/?fromtld=$tld
 * this URL will decide of the redirection (with a maintained map) if
a single solution is there, otherwise will propose alternative
languages;

> Also, we only redirect for the main website, nothing planned for others
> services ?

Not that I know of. And I don't think we should plan further than that.

Romain