[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Mar 3 09:18:03 CET 2011

----- "Tux99" <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:

> Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 04:04
>
> > If you don't want your name to be published, you should probably
> not
> > open an account with that name. Your name and email will also be
> > published
> > if you post a message on bugzilla using your identity account. Or
> > should
> > we remove names and emails from Bugzilla ?
>
> Then you need to make at least the 'sn' field optional in the Mageia
> identity web interface so it can be left blank instead of being forced
> fill it with nonsense.

The sn LDAP attribute is not used by bugzilla. The name bugzilla uses is the cn attribute. Change that to be what you want presented publicly. By default, we populate it with the values the user provided in givenName and sn, but you are free to change it immediately.

Other tools may also use the gecos attribute (nss_ldap uses it).

We will most likely not use the sn attribute anywhere, but we may need to make a policy about this and ensure that software does not use it, or put additional ACLs on it.

(No, we can't remove sn attribute, unless we decide to move to a different schema than a person-based objectClass. Yes, LDAP is more rigid, it believes people are people, not just random user accounts with no real identity behind them ...).

> > I don't think adding options everywhere to hide packagers name and
> > email
> > is a priority. If you don't want to receive any email, if you don't
> > want
> > anyone to be able to contact you, you should probably not be a
> > packager.
>
> I never said I don't want to be contacted, I said I don't want to be
> contacted by users directly via private email, that's a big
> difference.

Then this needs to be in a policy that end users are aware of. Somehow, end users will be able to find your email address ...

> In
> fact I explicitly mentioned the appropriate channel that users can use
> contact packagers.

And that is?

> I don't think this attitude of yours is very helpful, you distort what
> said and ignore my suggestions for solutions and completely ignore to
> move
> this debate to the dev ML so that other packagers are aware of it and
> can
> comment on it.

This isn't -dev, this is -sysadm, who need to know what the requirements are to implement systems that respect the policies. While there is no policy covering it, we have to be aware of issues.

Regards,
Buchan