[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:10:04 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 14:55, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
> Real trust is earned by actions over time not by fluffy words or nice
> names.

I know that and I experienced it first hand, thank you. :-) Btw,
there's no such thing as "fake trust". You trust or you don't.

> If you have ever been for some length of time a member of a forum (where
> people normally uses aliases not real names) you will know what I mean,
> the names don't matter, you will trust those people who are consistently
> helpful and/or provide correct and insightful information, and at the same
> time you will identify the bullshitters (even if they use real sounding
> names and have a higher post count than the trustworthy posters).

Of course. But from experience I have also learned that people that
use their real names are way more accountable and careful of what they
do in the public space. And it's way more friendly.

It's not a matter of forcing people; use a fake name if you like. But
be accountable with it.

I said it before, as for me, besides trusting the person based on her
actions, I would not mentor someone that:
* does not want to be identified by something else than a pseudo,
* and does not want to be directly reachable through a common contact
mean (email here).

Because I don't believe it will help in the future.

It's not a matter of right or wrong, it 's a matter of how I see it
(and I don't force anyone to do the same, I'm just stating my POV).

Romain