[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:53:30 CET 2011

2011/3/3 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Quote: Thierry Vignaud wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 16:26
>>
>> And what?
>> You'll still be Tux99 in the changelog, not "Gorge-Albert Martin" from
>> Grenoble
>
> If you want me to use "Gorge-Albert Martin" I can use that instead
> (although I don't like this particular name). ;)
>
> How should I know that you are really Thierry Vignaud?
> You could be in reality Anna Karenina from Moscow or Xiao Hu from Beijing
> as far as I know.

Of course, this applies to everybody, full name or not. I can not know
for sure if you are the same tux99 who I have met before on other
platforms as you can not be sure if I am the same as that guy over at
MandrivaUser.de (both examples are a bit theoretical, I guess).

And certainly you are right to put more weight on deeds than on names.

I also read the exceptions Michael described (corporation policy,
etc.) and he surely is right in such cases, but in general I still
claim that it would not hurt and be a positive signal to have full
names.

--
wobo