[Mageia-sysadm] buildsystem => maintdb link test

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Mar 23 17:51:05 CET 2011

Le mercredi 23 mars 2011 à 17:07 +0100, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 17:00, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > What about if people do not want to be co-maintainer when they do a
> > massive rebuild ( like for example, when a new version of python is
> > upgraded, I often rebuild everything or push simple rebuild ) ?
>
> Is there a specific flag set when doing this? or can the buildsystem
> detect that the upload is more about just rebuilding than pushing a
> change?

Nope, that's the problem :/

> Nonetheless, we can consider that co-maintainers would be those whose
> activity is significant on a given package - unless massive rebuilds
> occurs at about the same (or a higher) frequency as regular
> maintainance uploads.

The way we did before was "3 uploads in a row and you become
maintainer". But thing start to become complex on the server side, as
you may have to parse changelog, stuff like that.

This and we didn't rely much on being maintainer so it was not critical
to have the information right :)