[Mageia-sysadm] rabbit sponsoring will soon end

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sun Feb 12 13:17:31 CET 2012

12.02.2012 13:55, Michael Scherer skrev:
> Le samedi 11 février 2012 à 00:45 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> due to various issues and private reasons, it seems we may soon ( no ETA
>> for now ) need to pay for rabbit, the server used for building
>> distribution, as explained by Rapsys when we saw him in FOSDEM.
>
> Just to add what I forgot :
> http://www.online.net/serveur-dedie/offre-dedibox-professionnel-hp.xhtml
>
> this is what we have.

Actually we have the Dell one:
http://www.online.net/serveur-dedie/offre-dedibox-professionnel-dell.xhtml

> And also, we can try to ask to $concurent to offer a server ( in our
> case, this would be ovh.com, they already sponsored the AUFMl
> ( mandrivafr.org ) with a free server )
>
> based on
>  https://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/
>
> the smallest one is the same as rabbit, so we could maybe just ask.

That could be one option.

And the other would be to see if HP would sponsor a server with atleast
the same specs or better.

So 1-2 Quad cpu, 16GB RAM (or more), 1-2 2TB disks (preferably raid 1
for system and storage (multiple isos), raid0 for build data, maybe a
SSD for the ISO build if possible, and preferably a iLO card

the thing about lots of ram, is so we could build some on tmpfs, and
then I guess we wouldn't need ssd.

--
Thomas