[Mageia-sysadm] [council] Buying 2 Dell servers: final price and rebate from Dell

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Mon Jul 23 16:30:32 CEST 2012

Le 23/07/2012 15:30, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Damien Lallement <mageia at damsweb.net> wrote:
>> Total price: 7 613,14 € for this 2 new powerful servers.
>>
>> So, do you agree or disagree with this?
>
> If you think this is what we need to improve developers/packagers
> experience and time, and strengthen our infrastructure, go, we can
> afford it.

Yes it is!
Thank you for your quick answer.

> [...]
>
> Question: do you expect/plan for other server/hosting expenses in the
> coming months? (and what about next year?)

No big expenses in a near future (if all servers are running well...).
The only planned expense: buy 2 new Gandi.net hosting parts for the
migration test of champagne and krampouezh (a few euro: less than 5!).
And pay one month for rabbit (while the new rabbit is not installed).

Of course, we have to plan a trip to Marseille for servers
installations. I think, it will be arround 400 €.
--
Damien Lallement
twitter: damsweb - IRC: damsweb/coincoin