[Mageia-sysadm] Email change replication between identity and sympa

Joerg Stephan johe.stephan at ymail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:37:31 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

i tried to make me an overview on this topic.

In my opnion, the problem is that the identity page and sympa a bon to the same ldap. So changing your email address on identity does not change it in sympa, indeed it just makes a new identity available. Cause sympa does not rewrite or forget your old subscription bonding. It is just a new account. Only way as i see it, would bonding to an user id on both sides.

Kind regards

root access. For instance :
- we need to find a solution so that email changed on identity.mageia.org is automatically changed on sympa mailing lists. This require making some changes to identity and/or sympa.
>Has this issue been resolved? If not, I feel I may be able to resolve it; it would most likely require some level of
 access to the databases holding the email information, but I feel it would be pretty
trivial to setup some sort of trigger which will update sympa if identity.mageia.org
 is updated (and vice versa?).