[Mageia-webteam] [Forum] Fwd: A request to join your group has been made

Maât maat-ml at vilarem.net
Fri Apr 1 19:35:17 CEST 2011

Le 30/03/2011 22:37, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2011/3/30 Pascal <maat-ml at vilarem.net>:
>> Le 30 mars 2011 à 19:58, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> 1. What are the criteriae for the "translator group"?
>> To be defined (by you as a leader of i18n team or by a common position
>> defined after an open debate in the heresaid team)
> ??? This has nothing to do with the i18n team, it's a forum group, to
> have some function in the forum.

This is supposed to be a tag that allow to search people of a given team for help or chat (if they want to be searched of course)

Teams in phpbb can be used as "semantic" tags... being in a team does not mean that you will have very extended privileges

>>> As I pointed out before, "Translators" are listed as moderators in the
>>> forum,
>> They are not (or they should not)
> They were when I joined. If this is not the case any more, then what
> is the purpose for the translator group in the forum?

Every member of the translator (i18n team) willing to show that he's in is supposed to be in that group. That's as simple as that.

(But this is not perhaps needed to add extended privileges for this group. I don't know. At first i thought it was a cool idea to allow "active" people, this mean people comitting their work for example, to be able to answer people on technical questions with the ability to edit topics - for example to add [resolved] tags - made by other people)

> As I said before, I'm quite confused, may be we both have completely
> different understandings of the "groups" in the forum.

A group is just that : a group

Then with groups we can do things... allowing to share private forums, extend rights on parts of the board and so on.

And what we can do is just limited by our imagination

> Could you elaborate about what you understand by
>
>  - group (what's the purpose of a group in the forum)
>  - moderators (what's their task if not "moderating")

Moderators DO moderate :)

> Did you set "moderators" per forum or as "global moderators"?

You got confused because giving some extended privileges to groups makes phpbb mark them as "forum moderators". local

I changed the template to prevent it showing those groups as forum moderators

There is only one kind of moderators : the global moderators who ARE the moderators of the forum and whose job is to moderate.

Some users mays have locally extended privileges (to be defined precisely) depending on their role in the community to allow them to give a better forum experience to "standard" users.

That's all, that very simple, and easy to understand : only one kind of people moderate the forum : the moderators.

:)