[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum - Part II

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:44:20 CEST 2011

2011/4/7 Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net>:
> Le 07/04/2011 10:49, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :

>>> Do you realise that you precisely describe what we have set up on the mageia forums from the beginning ?
>> Then why is it not so now? Why does my description differ so much to yours?
>> For instance: What am I? According to the color and profile I am a
>> member of the "founders" group.
>> What does that mean in practice? I haven't found out yet. Same for the
>> other "special groups"
> I just let you answer to yourself :
>
> Le 01/04/2011 20:08, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>>  - Special groups who could be additional moderators of one section,
>> like packagers and translators who are not in Global Moderators but
>> could be moderators and contacts for the "Packaging and Translating"
>> section. They have privileges only in this section.
>>
>> That's all. Simple, transparent, easy to understand and to maintain
>> and to scale if needed.
> You are in a special group who *could* be additional moderator of one section (or an other) :)

Yes, of course, I asked why these and not others.

> I really don't understand how you come to see a difference between to things that are actually identical :o_Ô

The difference is not in the different stages, there we seem to have a
similar setup, although it looked very different in the beginning. The
current (and more important) difference is in the description of the
tasks and the related permissions you gave.

--
wobo