[Mageia-webteam] checklist of web services/issues for alpha 1

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 22:57:30 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 19:50, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:21:57 +0100, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
>>   - RPM field thing fixed => stormi, dmorgan, other?
>
> mhh ? I didn't followed closely, what is the problem ?

Fixed this evening it seems.

>>   - SSL certificate (self-signed for a start) => sysadmin?
>
> IMHO, it would be better to send sysadmin requests on the sysadmin ml,
> as not all are subscribed on this ml.

Yes, but that was a summary, to this point. And I knew you were going
to read it.

> Anyway, I will take this one for tomorow.

Thanks! I believe dmorgan may have started to look into it as well.

>>  * having the download page setup (must have, in the works right now:
>> dams, obgr and me)
>
> Since the release is intended for developper, I would not consider this as
> critical.

No but it's important. And the page is being set up at this time and
will likely be ready for prime time (and please use it when it is
available).

> We should not put too much pressure on this, especially on the last moment.

Welcome to the nighmare of a synchronized release management. :) It
always comes down to that.

>>  * having the mirrors list up to date (nice to have, we'll use the
>> rough list of mirrors we manually know for now)
>
> Well, the list on mirrors.mageia.org is up to date by definition, this is
> the canonical and reference one. Sure, the design is not user friendly, but see previous
> remark.

It's a technical frontend and not aimed to users. As such, it's not
the best place for everyone (but experienced+ users) to look at for
getting download information. Hence the download page.

Romain