[Mageia-webteam] Maintainers db tasks

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Feb 13 20:44:36 CET 2011

 On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:42:06 +0000, Kosmas Chatzimichalis wrote:
> Romain, Michael
 Romain is out of town until next week

> This is a list with the outstanding features for the application, so
> if you
> would like to prioritise them would be great:
>

>    - Setup environment for live server (another email to ML will
> follow this
>    one with requirements)

 mhh, sorry, but I do not understand this one :/ ( or I do not
 understand the mail, is this a
 list of feature or a list of tasks ? )

>    - LDAP integration (first steps and possible solution
> investigated, but
>    will probably be in next version)
 well, ldap integration is required.

>    - Compiled packages functionality to be added
 Ie ?

>    - Searching, statistics and information displayed to finish off
>    (currently searching only works for source packages)

 nice to have, but imho not required ( ie, less urgent than ldap
 integration )

>    - Any design work, artwork (CSS, logos) to be included
 same as searching.

>    - Use of bugzilla for bugs (I think Romain set it up, and I've put
> it in
>    the wiki, but not sure if ready to use?)
 I do not understand too, where does bugs enter in the scheme ?

>    - Input of initial information (source packages - maintainers)
 I guess this would be handy, but can you explain a little bit more ?

>    - Source of last commit datetime to be discussed
 mhh, again, I do not understand the question ( ie, is this a feature ?
 ).
 There is only one source of last commit, that's svn. Now, this is not
 very
 urgent. We can add a svn hooks that update the db with REST, so that's
 IMHO
 easy, but not required.

--
 Michael Scherer