[Mageia-webteam] [Mageia-sysadm] New test tree in ldap

Kosmas Chatzimichalis Kosmas at mach7x.com
Mon Jan 24 12:20:58 CET 2011

On 24 January 2011 09:41, Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:

> Le 24/01/2011 10:18, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > As asked by forum team, I have created a ldap subtree for testing the
> > phpbb ldap integration, since they want to test on a server that is not
> > managed by us, and so this could cause security issues ie, if a remote
> > server is compromised for various reasons ( like not being treated as
> > production, which is a reasonable assumption for a test server ) and
> > someone start to gather username, email, and so on.
> great ! Thank you Misc :)
>
> > The tree is dc=test_ldap, there is just the top level entry and there is
> > no acl. ( maybe I should have called it test_ldap_forum )

Wouldn't a similar integration needed for the maintainer's db?
Would we need a different user name for the application, or we would have a
group that exists there and has admin permissions in the app?

I was going to ask about the integration options and how we are actually
need to get the data, so that was good timing :-)

Should I be using the details mentioned in previous emails, for connecting
to the server and testing?

Thanks
Kosmas