[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:31:37 CET 2011

2011/3/23 Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net>:
> Le 23/03/2011 03:32, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> Hmm, all these rights are moderator rights (closing threads, edit
>> other people's posts, rename topics, move threads to other locations,
>> etc. What do you have in mind, "sub-moderators"?
>>
> Yup... something like that
> I want people to have a clear limit in mind between those who help and those who enforce rules

Well, there's a very clear distinction: helping is done by everyone.
Everything beyond help is moderator's role: closing threads, edit
other people's posts if necessary, rename topics, etc. - and in the
few rare cases also enforcing rules.

> phpbb3 allows such custom profiles definition in user rights and also in moderator rights

I know, I spent some time with the rights system of phpbb3. :(

> On a personal point of view, i'd preach $lang forums teams to speak with each other to share good practices :)
> What won't be required or enforced. Just nice-to-have things :
> -- That would be cool if we can manage to have similar structures (to some extent here also) so that multilang users feel at home everywhere.
> -- What would be (perhaps ?) interesting to share : for people jumping from a forum to another it would be (perhaps ?) cool to share data about ip banning for example. And more generally sharing data about users that bring discord or behave in a reprehensible way...

Then create a forum for all moderators&admins where they can share
such information.
At mandrivauser.de we have a hidden forum for the moderators where
they can post such "user cases", giving links to the posts in
question, documenting what they have done (sent a pm to the user,
etc.) and sharing discussions about what to do in this or that case.
Hidden it is because it's not advisable to discuss a single user in
the open.

--
wobo