[Mageia-webteam] Request of formal approval for mageiaitalia.org

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 20:40:39 CEST 2011

2011/5/11 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:
>> Well, I don't think showing your site as some kind of official Mageia
>> site is a good idea at all. Providing the users with an italian
>> translation of the official website is a far better way for the user.
>> He will always prefer information from ŧhe official website over a
>> 3rd-party site. And don't worry, soon the official Mageia site will be
>> powerful as well (whatever you mean by that).
>
> but in fact i don't want it to be a 3rd-party site, i only want to have the
> permission to consider it official, and it should be as i'm involved in the
> distro development, i'm not a person outside the project.

No, this is not related. It can only be an official site if it bears
the same contents of the official site. How would you guarantee that
the contents in your italian site is the same as on mageia.org? As
long as you can't do that it is a 3rd-party site.

> when mageia plan to have this kind of stuff? seeing the status of the wiki and
> of identity (and much more) i think in a far far time.

Ok, why don't you participate in creating all these good things for
the whole Mageia community instead of just caring for the italian?
Mageia is not about French or Germans or Italians or Americans, it's
about the whole community. Therefore it is the goal of Mageia to
achieve equal information and support for all, not just one local
community.

> i'm asking only to delegate the italian community to use a different platform,
> nothing more.

Again, you can setup everything you want but it will neo tbe the
offical place. The official place is http://mageia.org - and it is up
to all of us (including you) to make it a place which delivers all
these services you want.

--
wobo