[Mageia-webteam] Request of formal approval for mageiaitalia.org

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Wed May 11 20:30:26 CEST 2011

> Well, I don't think showing your site as some kind of official Mageia
> site is a good idea at all. Providing the users with an italian
> translation of the official website is a far better way for the user.
> He will always prefer information from ŧhe official website over a
> 3rd-party site. And don't worry, soon the official Mageia site will be
> powerful as well (whatever you mean by that).

but in fact i don't want it to be a 3rd-party site, i only want to have the
permission to consider it official, and it should be as i'm involved in the
distro development, i'm not a person outside the project.

> If you are talking about an italian forum, that's a whole case. Open
> it up and let it be listed in the Mageia forums under "Supporting
> community forums" - a link which will redirect the user to your forum.
> At least this is how the others are doing it.

mageiaitalia.org is not only a forum, it's a complete framework that has:
- good layout and artwork
- powerful forum
- news
- polls
- private messages
- friendships
- user images
- user blogs
- guides
- advanced research function (+ opensearch protocol support)
- android application

when mageia plan to have this kind of stuff? seeing the status of the wiki and
of identity (and much more) i think in a far far time.

i'm asking only to delegate the italian community to use a different platform,
nothing more.