[Mageia-dev] So?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:32:14 CEST 2010

Robert Xu <robxu9 at gmail.com> schrieb am 2010-09-29
> Let's keep on topic, yes?
This thread has no real topic, has it?

> A good idea would be to keep a wiki page listing all the aspects of
> Mageia we want...
> like, "We want RPM
There are technical reasons for some things, in the rpm vs. deb threads it has
been answered a few times. There are not really any technical reasons to
change from rpm to deb and it would produce so much work, we could giv it up
before we start. Kepping the point asside that there are quite a few
contributors who know quite well how to build rpms but have not the least idea
about deb. This has been discussed and has been answered by those people who
have to do the work.

> , we want plain-text mails only
This is the usual way in every mailing list I know, and it has a reason. html
mails make things like quoting parts of them a mess and it produces much
overhead. html mails are one of the biggest mistake in the history of the
internet

> , we want a cool logo",
we do, but first the marketing people have to design an overall ci, then the
logo can be created. We are not a weekend hobby by some amateur, we are a
worldwide community that wants to build the best distro ever.

Oliver