[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Mon Nov 7 13:07:36 CET 2011

On 07.11.2011 12:46, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le lundi 07 novembre 2011 à 12:36 +0100, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
>> Hello!
>>
>> We have in Mageia concurrently ispell, aspell, myspell and hunspell +
>> voikko and hspell.
>>
>> Let make order.
>>
>> This is my scratch of the project, read for more info
>> http://www.mandrivauser.de/mga-testwiki/index.php/Overview
>> http://www.mandrivauser.de/mga-testwiki/index.php/Proposals
> "make order, remove obsolete stuff (also from inside the spec files)"
>
> The cleaning should have been doneon import. Seems no one did clean
> anything on import, despites asking and agreeing to do so...
>
> Does hunspell provides a command line tool ?
Yes.
urpmq -l hunspell
man 1 hunspell
>   Cause that's one of my use
> case of aspell, and I am not the only one ( I can think of integration
> with some others tools, like mutt/vim ). What is the plan regarding
> compatibility with that ?
I would like to patch as much as possible to use hunspell, and keep
aspell/myspell/ispell only as an optional package for those who really
want it - for example with a specific Perl module or standalone application.

Let us discuss everything.

When I ask people everyone has result of rpm -qa|grep -E
"enchant|aspell|myspell|hunspell|voikko" same or simillar like the mine:
myspell-csb_CSB-1.0.2-30.mga1
myspell-pl_PL-1.0.2-30.mga1
aspell-pl-0.60.5-2.20090830.8.mga1
hunspell-pl-0.20101221.1-2.mga1
lib64hunspell1.2_0-1.2.12-3.mga1
hunspell-1.2.12-3.mga1
lib64aspell15-0.60.6-12.mga1
python-enchant-1.6.5-1.mga1
lib64enchant-devel-1.6.0-1.mga1
lib64enchant1-1.6.0-1.mga1
enchant-1.6.0-1.mga1
myspell-en_US-1.0.2-30.mga1
lib64voikko1-3.2-2.mga1
aspell-0.60.6-12.mga1

And $ rpm -qa|grep -E "enchant|aspell|myspell|hunspell|voikko"|wc -l
returns 14..