[Mageia-dev] Shutdown button by default in Mageia 2 Gnome request

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Apr 3 08:20:14 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 02:21:54AM +0100, Sebastian sebsebseb wrote:
> Well I guess really in general there should be a lot of extensions
> in the repo's for Gnome Shell, and not just for shut down? I mean
> extensions give people more choice on what can be done with Gnome,
> just like Firefox extensions give people more choice in what can be
> done with Firefox.

Extensions are on https://extensions.gnome.org/. You'll have to manually
figure out when people upload new versions of their extensions, also
figure out how to download.

The entire site is setup so people can install their extensions using
the site. It is not setup to make it easy to package them for the simple
fact that it takes development time + might complicate the UI for
something that is just not the focus.

So if you want to package extensions, it'll take some effort.

During 3.0, some extensions were released as tarballs... but I don't
think anything like that is really released anymore.

--
Regards,
Olav