[Mageia-dev] A note on autologin and startx

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Apr 6 22:10:39 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 05:14:04PM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Overall, however, the autologin code is pretty broken. I *should*
> register a graphical login after starting X (the same way gdm does it),
> that way it will remain active and there won't be vt switch related issues.

IMO (and take into account + as said many times before, I almost only
care about GNOME), drop it (Mageia 3?).

Within GNOME you can configure the GDM autologin via System Settings. If
the patches are hackish, why support it while loads of extra display
managers are being added. Just creates more problems IMO.

--
Regards,
Olav