[Mageia-dev] Proposal: Cinnamon for Mageia

bernd bernd.deinzer at t-online.de
Wed Jan 4 20:21:29 CET 2012

As you know, Cinnamon is a fork of Gnome-Shell with the look & feel &
workflow of Gnome2, developed and maintained by Clement Lefebvre
"Clem" from Linux-Mint.

At the moment, already rpms and debs for other distributions like Ubuntu,
Fedora, Arch and OpenSuse are built:
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?page_id=61

In my opinion, Cinnamon will be a sustainable alternative for
ex-Gnome2-users,
who don't like the "smartphone-look" of Gnome3

So I propose to implement Cinnamon also in Mageia as a third "heavy" DE
next to
KDE4 and Gnome3

Regards,
Bernd