[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [3455] update changelog

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Mar 14 16:31:50 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 14/03/12 15:23 did gyre and gimble:
> If you fear a server crash, you can use git svn and you've a full compact
> local backup

As a side note, it would be good to use git more. I think during the
mga3 timeframe I'll try and look at the git infrastructure with a view
to moving the various soft/ stuff over to git.

Packages I won't even begin to think about (it's too much of a pain) but
it would be good to have more official and better exposed git
repositories and, where appropriate, automatic patch generation for some
packages (for example I use one for the initscripts package and I need
to be careful to add in patches from others to the "official" git
repository for it).

But it's certainly not something I'll be loooking at before mid-April :p