[Mageia-dev] Volunteering to [attempt] packaging.

Malo malo at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon May 21 16:47:07 CEST 2012

On 21/05/12 10:47, Robert Wood wrote:
> Following a discussion on the forum, I'd like to volunteer to do some packaging.
>
> I develop software [and hardware] for a living, *but* this is little embedded
> programs that work on processors with a few k of RAM and up to 256k of flash
> memory. The up-side to this is that I understand programming and much of this is
> not totally alien to me; the down side is there's a fair difference between
> run-to-complete programs written for an ARM or AVR in C and huge program using
> endless libraries in C++!
>
> So, if someone is willing to work with me and hand-hold me in learning the
> process, it would be great to give something back to the community. I am
> constantly learning new stuff in my job and certainly willing and able to learn
> how to do this.
>
> Rob

Hey Robert, welcome !

As Colin said, we are in the final stages of Mageia 2, but development of Mageia
3 (and all other tasks) will start again quickly afterwards.

We have an apprenticeship program in place, so please register at:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager
You can even start reading and practising at home :-).

And if no mentor manifests his/herself soon, don't hesitate to ping the list or
haunt #mageia-mentoring until someone volunteers.

Cheers,
--
Malo