[Mageia-discuss] mageia-i18n translations

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Mon Jan 10 08:58:54 CET 2011

Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :

> 2011/1/10 Michael Scherer<misc at zarb.org>:
>>>
>>> I think this should/will be managed by the language teams as well -
>>> but of course native English speakers would be first choice to
>>> translate anything to English.
>>
>> Like franglish to english ?
>>
>> I proposed to have a i18n-en team, at least to proofread what our poor
>> frenchies mind produces. So far, this is done by Anssi and Ahmad, but I
>> am sure they would be happy to get help on that.
>
> So, what we need first (aka "right now") are native english speakers
> with good spelling and grammar (in english) who understand French and
> can proofread documents written by French Mageia people (which is
> almost everything being published at the moment).

Since most of my education was in English, I could probably help.
Plus being Francophone, I understand where most "franglais" (as we say
in Canada, in English or French) errors come from :)
Most of the errors I've noticed in the wiki were minor, which I tend to
correct as I encounter them.
I'm more worried about ideas being clearly expressed - which requires
being clearly thought beforehand.
A lack we probably all suffer from, from time to time. :)

--
André