[Mageia-discuss] dokuwiki: English translation of the French Articles of Assoiation - Lebarhon comments

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:49:08 CEST 2011

2011/4/15 Dick Gevers <dvgevers at xs4all.nl>:

> Alright. Thanks for your answer. I will ignore them with your permission.
>
> I suspect the statutes are already adopted, but if not please feel free to
> remark on the French originals.
>
> When translating/proofreading I personally do not want to express an
> opinion on the French original.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> =Dick Gevers=

Actually I think that the best solution is to translate/proofread the
content of the original French statutes. These comments may be
relevant, but they should be packed together in another wiki page
(such as mageia_org_statutes_errata), so that the adopted statutes can
be updated (I don't know what it implies, though).
The English version of the statutes should be a rigorous translation
of the French statutes, with no improved content, for its purpose is
not to be a late proofreading of the French text.

When the French version is updated, if it is, then a simple diff will
help us translate again the few sentences which were modified in the
original statutes.

The errata should be sent to the Council, so that they can
approve/disapprove these suggestions.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien