[Mageia-discuss] User support mailing list?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Jun 7 15:57:24 CEST 2011

Le mardi 07 juin 2011 à 09:00 -0400, Marc Paré a écrit :
> Le 2011-06-07 08:07, andre999 a écrit :
> > Renaud (Ron) Olgiati a écrit :
> >>
> >> On Tuesday 07 Jun 2011 06:09 my mailbox was graced by a message from
> >> Michael
> >>
> >> I am not advocating a separate mailing list, but that the forum be also
> >> distributed as a mailing list, or the mailing list accessible as a
> >> forum, both
> >> having the same content.
> >>
> >> One support community, with two modes of access and distribution.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Ron.
> >
> > For your information ...
> > Earlier in the thread (2011-06-06 11:57 utc), Maat mentioned that the
> > forums have RSS enabled to permit following discussions by email. Even
> > following selected parts of the forums.
> >

> You are not splitting up the support community if you bridge the forums
> and "user" mailist. In fact, you are enhancing it.

Then I propose that first the system is working, and then we see how it
work. The code for forum is on git://git.mageia.org/git/forums.git,
anybody can clone and send patches.

The same goes for the code for the setup of our server is on svn :
svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/adm/puppet/

Heck, we even answer to questions regarding puppet if someone ask them.

Until that I receive a patch, I think I will focus on the current TODO
list

> At this early point of development we need user feedback from the user
> community regarding our distro. What, I wonder, is the rationale for
> limiting the chance of collecting more data from our user base?

Are you volunteer to collect and summarize feedback from the existing
tools ?

If the answer is "no", then we will not do anything with more feedback,
except doing false hope to people.

If the answer is "yes", show us the work.

--
Michael Scherer