[Mageia-discuss] Big printing issue with HP Photosmart 7150 and Mageia

Thomas Lottmann skiperdrake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:46:27 CEST 2011

2011/10/12 Florian Hubold <doktor5000 at arcor.de>

> Could you please try to remove all hplip and cups packages,
> clear your /etc/cups/printers.conf and reinstall cups, and try a manual
> install of hplip according to http://hplipopensource.com/**
> hplip-web/install/manual/**distros/other.html<http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/distros/other.html>
> This would rule if the problem could be in our packages.

I'll do this soon.

I have tested with another installation of up-to-date Mageia done on an
external disk (another hard drive I used for work). It prints fine. So it
may possibly not come from the Mageia packages, but would rather come from a
quirk somewhere is the system, as another disk with Mageia does install the
printer and print without any issue a test page.