[Mageia-discuss] Why Mageia isn't a "Lion Friendly" distribution?

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:13:49 CET 2011

On 12/05/2011 05:52 PM, Claire Robinson wrote:

> Personally I've never been able to afford Apple hardware, it is very
> shiny and tempting though :D

Agreed. I have a friend who's an Apple fan that's always trying to get
me to take the plunge, but my bank account keeps bringing me back to
reality. He's OK with that, as long as I avoid getting involved with
that Redmond OS, too.

> It always falls to Linux to be the interfacing OS, Microsoft makes no
> effort to interface with Linux and neither does Apple. It always falls
> to Linux to make the effort to interface with the proprietary, so it
> makes good sense for us to do all we can to improve our support of Apple
> devices.
>
> It would be good to be the 'go-to' distribution perhaps for Apple
> owners. Lion Friendly has a nice ring to it!

I agree. It would be as shortsighted to shun interoperability with Apple
products as it would be to shun those from Microsoft. Like it or not,
they dominate things. For those who would change that, consider the
tactic of quietly showing that Linux is the most versatile of the three.
IMO, it would be more effective in the long run than isolation or
confrontation.

TJ