[Mageia-discuss] [Poll] What are your top requirements?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Jan 29 17:16:26 CET 2012

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:37:18 +0100
Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> 2012/1/29 Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>:
> > Well this is becoming quite sterile. I don't know how you can claim to
> > represent (let alone "decide") "how [we] users function" better than
> > anybody else. Unless you are the only user, of course :-)
> You are able to read your own sentences? And you do understand them?
>
> After all it was you who claimed to know, how others function, not me,
> I cite you:
> "Well, what I'm saying is that "top requirements" is not how I function,
> and I don't think it's how most users function either."

Wow...
Surely you noticed the words "I don't *think* it's how *most* users",
and how it doesn't mean that I claim to have that definitive knowledge
you're talking about?

But more baffling is how you chose to attack that one sentence instead
of addressing the other remarks I made (including in the very message
you're responding to). I'm not here to pick pointless fights with
random people, I gave feedback as a mere user when *asked* to give
feedback. If you don't want that then please be explicit about it.
As far as I'm concerned, I gave feedback because I thought it could
help; I don't have any emotional investment here.

Regards

Antoine.