[Mageia-i18n] Some problems in webpage

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Jun 15 10:01:52 CEST 2011

Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:45:09 +0300 було написано Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com>:

> 2011/6/15 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
>>> told

>>> that

>>> told
>>>
>>> He just wanted to make sure you that you check your work thoroughly.
>>> This is not particularly about you, and of course it is his job to
>>> update the translations when needed, but it's not rare that we send a
>>> quickly proofread translation to Oliver, he commits it, and when we
>>> look at the commited page, we see some typos and errors. The point is
>>> that if we proofread our work more thorougly, this would not have been
>>> needed.
>>
>> Sure, errors do happen, but seeing a rush of files from you in a quite
>> short
>> period of time and a rush of fixes coming after them, I ask myself if a
>> little
>> more time wouldn't have made life easier.
>> Especially when there are three fixes to the same file coming in just 24
>> hours...
>
> I have sent files in day 11, and in day 13 i did sent a single file
> twice, but with an interval of 3 minutes in wich refered that the
> first attachement wasnt the correct one, and i did sent the same file
> with some changes in day 14.
>
> These kind of things in my translation life always occur from a way or
> another, so this is nothing much.
> Of course that all this would not happen if we commit files instead
> sending upstream (but this its a different matter).
>
> Sometimes happens me that i read statments and there arent any spell
> errors, but after reading again i feel that certain statments would be
> better if written in a different way.
>
> If you feel you simply dont have life to be the i18n leader than you
> should talk with someone who can and be will to accept that task, that
> in fact isnt easy but that wouldnt be always complaning about having a
> life outside mageia.
>
> With this i dont want any to create frictions or hurt some feelings,
> but its a fact that being an i18n leader isnt easy.
>
> regards,

Hi,

Please could your stop spamming this list with these "corrections" and
"better wordings". Surely it is interesting to every translator, but it
was said "send me", not "send us".

Please also stop bashing Oliver. He is doing the best he can (I am sure
that this is even too much). There are not many (I'd say too few) people
in FOSS community with such dedication. "Entertainment can sometimes be
hard when the thing that you love is the same thing that's holding you
down."

Believe me, if this was happened in any other community (at least in
Fedora or Opera Software ASA), you would be just ignored or banned.

Best regards,
Yuri