[Mageia-i18n] Some problems in webpage

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:00:39 CEST 2011

2011/6/15 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011, 09:45:09 schrieb Zé:
>> I have sent files in day 11, and in day 13 i did sent a single file
>> twice, but with an interval of 3 minutes in wich refered that the
>> first attachement wasnt the correct one, and i did sent the same file
>> with some changes in day 14.
>>
>> These kind of things in my translation life always occur from a way or
>> another, so this is nothing much.
>> Of course that all this would not happen if we commit files instead
>> sending upstream (but this its a different matter).
> I think, I am repeating me again...
> The system for translations of the website we currently use and which will be
> changed in the future.
> As quite some translators are not that firm in using svn iirc, we didn't want
> to create problems by people having to merge files, resolve conflicts and so on.
> And you might notice that I didn't say anything to anyone else about
> correcting mistakes, but when I get the same file 4 times in as many days, and
> I still have to fix some things in it, 'cause somehow you left parts of an
> English string in, wrecking the php syntax while doing it, I think I can ask
> you to be a bit more careful...

I sent the file 2 times, but the first attachament was invalid since
the second mail was sent passed 3 minutes, so were 3 times, but even
if were 4 times that would not be nothing much.

In the files i did resend with corrections i didnt saw any php break,
but im not saying that didnt happened...
And yes, you can ask people to be more carefull but *its not nice* to
listen severall times that "i have a job and a life outside" since we
all also do and we all are volunteers and make efforts for a better
mageia, maybe you could have more attention to what you say.

>> If you feel you simply dont have life to be the i18n leader than you
>> should talk with someone who can and be will to accept that task, that
>> in fact isnt easy but that wouldnt be always complaning about having a
>> life outside mageia.
> Excuse me, but I never complaned about not having the time or the will to do
> that job. I'm just complaning about people making life harder than neccessary.

Like i said those are the kind of sittuations that happen with a
translator, and you should also *assume good faith* from people, no
one here tries to make no one life harder, we share the same gold
thats to improve this project.

> Oliver

regards,
--