[Mageia-marketing] The Planets

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Tue Apr 3 10:18:13 CEST 2012

On 03/30/2012 11:10 AM, Josh King (dotmil) wrote:
> On 03/28/2012 11:00 PM, Patricia Fraser wrote:
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>>> To admin the planet, all that is needed in the password for
>>> http://planet.mageia.org/en/admin/login.php
>>>
>>> I was told marcom had this? Is this true?
>>
>> I think you need to talk to Dams, Damien Lallement:
>> <mageia at damsweb.net>, or coincoin on IRC.
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> Still no response on this. Will keep you updated, but all we need is the
> admin password for moonmoon and I can take it from there. Patricia, if
> nothing is heard back can you bring this up at the next council meeting
> perhaps?

Yes there's definately a breakdown somewhere. Thanks for your diligence
in this matter Josh.

Trish, I think we really do need to bring this up at the next council
meeting.

I'm sure that if there was adequate coordination on issues such as this,
Josh wouldn't have had to self-host, and from what I have been able to
ascertain he would have preferred to move forward under the magiea.org
domain anyway.

I'm rather surprised he hasn't thrown his hands up and said, "whatev",
already.

Hang in there Josh There's something broken in the community's
communication infrastructure and we may be forging ahead with arbitrary
technological and production deadlines at the expense of a quality
*community*.

This is Open Source - there really is no real timeline; simply goals
that currently push for product releases at the expense of coordinated
efforts.

Most people here know that I'm a Slacker, having used that distro since
it's inception, and there's a lesson to be learned there: "The next
release of Slackware will be released when it's ready", is almost a
mantra for a reason.

Things mature in their own time. We can set goals and artificial
deadlines (most deadlines in the world, with the exception of court
dates, are indeed artificial), but we should be willing and able to
adjust those dates based upon the *smoothly acheived* deadlines, derived
from the self-imposed goals we set for such events to occur.

I hope that helps :)

Kindest regards,

- --
Bradley D. Thornton