[Mageia-marketing] Some ideas submitted for discussion

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Wed Mar 21 01:10:57 CET 2012

Hi Josh

In the  blog post I gave you the link for some people had requested
their blogs to be added to planets. Email Damien (aka coincoin) about
them: dams @mageia.org

>> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/02/18/a-new-planet-had-been-discovered/

As for adding users to the planets I agree, as long as they aren't
posting bad stuff. With Ubuntu they have only Ubuntu Community Members
in their planet as far as I know and no one else. http://planet.ubuntu.com
> I don't know that my area has enough mass for a LoCo style team though
> :-(
Of course you can start something for your local area or country, even
if it just starts off as a IRC channel like I have done with #mageia-uk.
As for how many people there are or aren't, that doesn't matter that
much to begin with, just go for it and start something if you would like
to :).

There are only a few people from the UK that are interested in Mageia at
the moment that I know about, but I expect we will start to have quite a
few more when Mageia 2 comes out :).  There are already quite a few
people from the USA who are interested in Mageia as well that I know
about, and quite a few of them come to my #mageia-social IRC channel.

You may also have a Linux Users Group (LUG) in your area, that you can
go to and try and gain some interest in Mageia, like I will probably be
doing this Saturday.

This Saturday I am probably going to a pub to go to a LUG for my first
time :). It was going to be last month, but then some issues with trying
to get there. It turned out people were turning up at different times
any way and not that many, so there wasn't a proper meeting.

I'll go to the city to the LUG to meet some other Linux users in person
for a first time from this area, wearing one of my black FOSDEM 2011 t
shirts, that I bought when going to my first opensource/freesoftware
event this year FOSDEM 2012 :). I'll also have some Gnome and KDE,
Mageia 1 Live CD's to give out from this year's FOSDEM, and I'll bring
some other LInux stuff with me as well.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb

P.S

After sending my previous reply, and reading your email again, I
realised that you already knew that Mageia had a planet.