[Mageia-artwork] Hello to everyone and some proposals

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Sat Mar 5 00:28:34 CET 2011

Hey,

i'm a normal Linux user and the debuty of the german translation team. So I'm
not a designer or something like that but I like to work a bit with gimp and
maybe I can bring some more or less good ideas to the artwork-team.

I've read the archives of february and march but I don't really know what have
to be done in the next future and who is working on what. So, maybe you can
give me a short summary?

I know a few bits about plymouth, maybe I can help there a bit?
I also thought about a plasma theme for KDE, is there any plan?

Well, nevertheless I also did some graphics and like to show them to you:

A clean wallpaper:
https://picasaweb.google.com/thorsten.vanlil/Mageia?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzCqpDM34HHPA#5580364151119551026
I also tried other colors for the logo:
https://picasaweb.google.com/thorsten.vanlil/Mageia?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzCqpDM34HHPA#5580363402998498578
but the green one is my favorite.

An Icon for the Start-menu:
https://picasaweb.google.com/thorsten.vanlil/Mageia?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzCqpDM34HHPA#5580364589039683762

together they look like this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/thorsten.vanlil/Mageia?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzCqpDM34HHPA#5580364477579224466

And I found the window-decorator "OS Y" which is in the line with this
wallpaper. On this picture you see it in action:
https://picasaweb.google.com/thorsten.vanlil/Mageia?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzCqpDM34HHPA#5580364364525648194

So, let me know how I can be productive and what you think about my proposals.

Regards,
Thorsten