[Mageia-artwork] Installer graphics for alpha2

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:06:59 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 23:48, alexn83 <alexn83 at yandex.ru> wrote:
> First - the favicon and the logo:
> http://ubuntuone.com/p/gkr/
> http://ubuntuone.com/p/gkn/

Thanks! Excellent.

> 03.03.2011, 20:55, "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>>  - providing the rollover bar in the left menu; although I am not sure
>> the alpha layer would work at this point, so maybe could you provide
>> one rollover with an alpha layer and a darker opaque one (so that
>> clear text contrasts with it). It should be 196x24 pixels, PNG format;
>
> I think the original PNG files have an alpha channel (it's blue),
> but I'll do 2 versions with and without alpha.

To help, I attach here a HTML rough mockup of the basic elements. To
really get it useful, you will need to checkout the drakx module:

  $ svn co svn://svn.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/

Then copy the installer_mockup.html file into trunk and open it
(relatives path to images). Expected to render correctly in WebKit and
Firefox.

(note that not all images have to be replaced)

>>  - providing the main body gray background (600x625 and 600x768, PNG too);
>
> Why two?

At install, there seems to be a boot option to not only be in 800x600
(1024x768).

You will tell me that the image resolution even exceeds the default
screen resolution, but I guess the installer code resizes or clips the
image. All that I know is that these are setup this way - there is
likely place for better use and documentation of this, yes. :-/

>>  - for buttons and progress bar, this really depends on the gtk theme
>> used and I'm not sure here how to do that;
>
> Now we can just change the color (from blue to dark blue)

Ok. Noted, this impacts the whole Ia Ora theme so that would need more
tests, apart than just in the installer - a bit short for alpha2. But
that would be nice that the artwork team gets its hands on it as well.

>>  - as for fonts, I don't know either.
>
> I used a "Bitstream Vera Sans" (it's free font) 16.6pt - on the left side and 14pt - in the right.

Same as above.

Could you have a look for the images? and I would need to have image
files before tomorrow noon to have time to push them into the module
and have the module built.

For later work, I will call on the -dev list for a packager/dev/hands
to assist artwork (doc, cleanup, replacements) for each of these:
 - drakx/installer
 - bootstrap (Thorsten, we already have you - still ok?)
 - ia ora theme

Romain