[Mageia-artwork] Hello to everyone and some proposals

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:20:02 CET 2011

Hi Thorsten,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 00:28, Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de> wrote:
> I've read the archives of february and march but I don't really know what have
> to be done in the next future and who is working on what. So, maybe you can
> give me a short summary?
>
> I know a few bits about plymouth, maybe I can help there a bit?

Definitely, yes! :-)

There some work to improve the current boot process, and it's mostly
plymouth-based. Actually, there are two things to do in this area:
 - fixing working stuff so that artwork fits nicely;
 - cleaning up obsolete/deprecated stuff.

All code related to this is in:
 - http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/theme/mageia-gfxboot-theme/trunk/
 - http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/theme/mageia-theme/trunk/

(and I am afraid it will need a little exploration + coordination with
current maintainer - ennael; I can help too, I already dug a bit into
this, but I'm probably not used to plymouth as much as you are).

Would you like to get into this?

I'll post my review of the boot process shortly, feel free to do so as
well or to ping me about it.

> I also thought about a plasma theme for KDE, is there any plan?

Not sure about that at this point.

> Well, nevertheless I also did some graphics and like to show them to you:
> [...]
> So, let me know how I can be productive and what you think about my proposals.

I think it would gain to get in sync with Alexn83 work related to logo
(logo font changed) and you can work further on these (the
K-replacement icon is a bit cut).

We'll have our weekly meeting on Wednesday evening but we can already
get in sync here on the list or through the channel.

Thanks a lot and welcome for joining in!

Romain